Welcome to the first of 5 beautiful new buttercream flower cake video tutorials! In this video I show you how to make these delicate little flower garden mini cupcakes, using my buttercream and only natural food colourings. Yes, that’s right, those purples and blues are all-natural 🙂 All the other details you’ll need are in the blog post below.
- Wilton 104 for roses,
- Wilton 102 for hydrangeas and blossoms,
- Wilton 81 for chrysanthemums,
- DIY piping cones, DIY leaf tip
Watch my DIY food colours video for more details.
- Blue: 1 tbsp blueberry powder + 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda mixed with 1 tsp hot water.
- Purple: blueberry powder without bicarbonate of soda.
- Pink: beetroot powder.
- Green: Matcha powder
- Bake and cool cupcakes using a recipe of your choice, or use store bought ones.
- Prepare a batch of my buttercream, links above, and colour using natural or gel colours. For natural colours, mix powders with a tiny bit of warm water until you get a thick paste before use.
- Divide the buttercream into piping bags fitted with the appropriate tips.
- Pipe large flowers such as rosebuds, chrysanthemum and blossoms onto parchment paper and freeze solid.
- Squeeze a little buttercream on to the cupcakes, and begin to assemble using the frozen flowers.
- Fill space by piping more flowers as shown in the video
- add round buds or small peaks around the flowers to cover all the bare cake.
- Accentuate with buttercream leaves.
That should be all you need to know to make your own flower garden cupcakes 🙂 Thank you for watching and stay tuned for the next in the series, coming soon!
*please note I get a little ad revenue if you click on any of the pictures of amazon products above, so if you’re going to buy anything I’d really appreciate you supporting my channel at the same time by using these links. It doesn’t cost you any extra, and I only link to products I’ve used or close equivalents, and would recommend. Thank you.