Check out the cake decorating tools & products I recommend for use in following my YouTube tutorials! Piping tips, colours, lustres, brushes, camera and more…*. Just click on the buttons below to see the item on Amazon – there’s no obligation to buy if you do.
If these recommendations helped you please be sure to make your purchase using my links below if you’d like to help support my channel, as searching for the same product yourself means Amazon will keep that little bit of commission instead of giving it to me. This is important to help keep my tutorials free. Thank you for your support!
- Nikon D3300 24MP DSLR with kit lens I have the slightly older but pretty much the same D3200 (discontinued), which I love
- Nikon D5500 24MP DSLR with kit lens This model has a flip-out LCD screen which is perfect for filming videos more easily
- Nikkor 35mm 1.8 lens A beautiful portrait lens for super-sharp details and a gorgeous blurred background. Many of the professional photos you see on my newer tutorials were taken with this.
Cake decorating must-haves:
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer The most stylish and practical kitchen gadget out there – invaluable if you make buttercream or cakes a lot. This is top of my list of products to own if you’re a serious baker.
- Kitchen Aid Flexible Edge Beater A great time saver, with this you don’t need to stop to scrape the bowl.
- Set of round cake pans A good set of round pans is an absolute must for a serious baker, mismatched & poor quality pans make your baking so much more likely to fail. These sets contain a few of the most useful and commonly required pan sizes for cakes.
- Ateco Cake Turntable This is my favourite turntable, it rotates so smoothly making it a joy to decorate on. You can see me use it in my semi naked cake tutorial video.
- PME plastic cake scraper my absolute favourite scraper, so light and easy to use. You can see it in many of my videos, including my Smooth buttercream finish tutorial.
Flowers & Piping:
- Wilton Master Decorating Piping Tip Set A great set of 55 piping tips. Don’t be tempted to buy cheaper versions from abroad as they often come in odd sizes and won’t fit into couplers properly – take it from me, good tools make your life easier.
- Wilton Deluxe Decorating Piping Tip Set A smaller 22 piece set for beginners or those on a budget.
- PME Flower Nail Set The flower nails I use in every video. I often get asked about these.
- Cellophane for piping cones Use these quality food safe cellophane treat bags to make your own versatile DIY piping cones by just cutting around the seams, then rolling and securing with sticky tape. Watch my Piping cone video here for more instructions.
Colours & Lustres I love:
- Wilton gel icing colours- full set Wilton gel paste colours, as used in most of my videos. These pastes are an easy way to get a strong buttercream or icing colour.
- Wilton gel icing colours- starter set A smaller set of colours for beginners or those on a budget.
- Dropper type Concentrated Food Colours A great choice for professionals. Super concentrated and easy to use. Just a few drops allowed me to get the darkest purple shade for my blackberry & raspberry piping video.
- Edible Gold Lustre This is the one I use in many of my videos, like the tinsel on my Christmas Tree Cake video.
- Rainbow Dust Metallic Edible Paints Beautiful metallic sheen, so smooth and easy to use, easily thinned and cleaned up with just water. All of the below are in this range.
- Dark Gold A beautiful copper toned gold. I use this on the small stars on my Christmas Tree Cake video.
- Light Gold A lighter, brighter gold
- Light Silver A light, metallic silver
- Dark Silver A darker chrome/ gunmetal look
Protein powders :
These are great for use with my Original SEBC buttercream recipe.
- Whey protein powder Made from milk, this protein gives beautiful structure to my egg free Swiss buttercream.
- Soy protein powderSoy protein powder A plant based alternative for vegans or those who wish to avoid dairy products.
*These are affiliate links, which means that without paying a single penny more than usual you get to support my channel via ad revenue – yay! For the longest time I was wary of affiliate links because I wasn’t sure how they worked – but there’s really nothing to worry about: every product on Amazon has a little referral commission already built into the price. So if you just go to the site and buy it yourself, Amazon keeps that extra money, but if you use my links above, they give that little bit extra to me. Because this referral fee is built in, there’s no way you can avoid paying it – but you can decide who it goes to by using my links. So you really can support my work without paying a single penny more – think of it as a little “thank you” to me if my recommendations helped you decide what to buy.
If you prefer you can leave a little tip using my Paypal donate button below. Your support means a lot to me! Thank you <3